Liberty Activist Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Mary Lou:

Thank you. You have solved a problem that has been troubling me for quite some time. I am the recipient of several 50 state flags (one a gift from my sister) that I am very uncomfortable flying for exactly the reasons you so well stated in your latest letter. Nevertheless, I felt ill at ease that there was nothing flying from my flagpole and I so want to make a statement that I love my country -- the country that the Founding Fathers were intent on creating and all it stood for -- not the current incarnation under the current President and system. You have given me a way to do that -- fly the Betsy Ross flag. It should also be a great conversation starter in the neighborhood and I would encourage everyone who flies it and the other fine alternative standards, to use them as a way to reach people who stop and ask about them. What a great outreach!
Can't be accused of being unpatriotic flying one of these flags!
Again, thanks, and keep up the good work.

Keith Gottschalk
Cedar Rapids, IA


Dear Mary Lou,


Not being born in God's Own Country, I do not know the history of most of these fine historic American flags I can see on the site www.flagline.com I discovered through your column of today. It is a pity that on that otherwise wonderful site only a few of the historic flags give an explanation as to its history. There is none for the "Betsy Ross" flag below for instance:

To me Betty Crocker is even better known than Betsy Ross, which I do not
know at all... ;-)

Regards,

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home